Skip to main content

Have an Interview, Pray for Me

My dear and faithful readers, I have a job interview.  It's part time and would be compensated by housing in return for services ( evening checking, etc at a hotel accommodation for  out of town patients for a hospital) with an opportunity to make money doing cleaning and small repairs occasionally.  It's a job I would like to do, although it has no benefits and I'm not even sure how it will affect my unemployment check.  But if I have housing/utilities and food from the food bank and at least partial unemployment every week, I can last until I get a day job with benefits.  I could take a part time day job to last until full time work opens up.

Each human being is entitled to a job provided a decent living wage and benefits compensation, and it is hoped that this job will in someway fulfill their vocation (Vocare, call) from God to go forth to mankind and do his work.  This job represents an opportunity to serve the ill while still writing in the day.  I will update you  on the interview.  God Bless and have a happy Thanksgiving

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seeking the Romance of Life

A recent trip back to California, where I spent the middle half of my life (the part between the Seattle bookends)  and other smaller events have made me reflective of past events and places.  My brothers and I stopped in Santa Cruz, briefly, where I had lived for years, and stopped by a nightclub I had spent time in, the Catalyst, and asked the bartender the current status of local things. I found out Club Zayante in the Santa Cruz Mountain had closed.  When I got home I researched the Club, which was once of the hottest nightclubs in Central California to learn what happened.  I found out the club had closed for financial reasons then burned down. But what I learned about the owner, Tom Louagie intrigued me. He had come out from the east coast on a romantic quest, to find the Cannery Row he had read in Steinbeck. He had the idea of moving there and living a literary dream from the past.  He didn't know that that Cannery Row had died...

Swing States Swinging Against Meat Axe Budget Cuts and Anti-Labor Laws

Polls are showing wide swings of voters away from recently elected Republicans who are charing ahead with budget cuts and dismemberment of collective bargaining for public employee unions.   These polls are holding also for many of the recently elected Republican Congress people and in many states where the politics has been less volatile than the Upper Mid-West States. In Wisconsin, polls suggest that if there was a do over of the gubernatorial race in which Scott Walker decisively beat Tom Barret, Barrett would easily win by 52%.  Walker's support in union households has dropped from 40% to 33% and Tom Barrett's union household support has jumped from 54% to 64%.  Barrett's support among Republicans has risen to 10%.  In Michigan the new Governor created what people are calling financial martical law, where he can declare a financial emergency in a local government, take it over, and void union contracts. ...