Skip to main content

Call You AG Today and Then Call Mom and Tell Her Your Fighting for the Old Homestead!

I also received another organization's email urging me to call the AG's office today.  See below:


Americans for Financial Reform
Greetings,
Right now, the 50 State Attorneys General are in critical negotiations with the big banks. They need to hear from YOU that you want them to stand up for accountability for the big banks, real change in the banks abusive and illegal foreclosure practices, and real justice for millions of homeowners.

CALL your state Attorney General today at 866-200-6444 or click here to find your Attorney General

Even with millions of families in danger of losing their homes, and with new evidence of law breaking by the big banks at every stage of the lending and servicing process surfacing daily, the financial industry lobby machine is in overdrive, trying to keep themselves above the law.  Bank of American, JP Morgan Chase, Wells Fargo and the other big banks are trying to preserve the status quo, and get away with a slap on the wrist.  They need to hear that we won’t stand for that. The Attorneys General need to stand with us and demand justice.
Loan work outs that help people stay in their homes, and start rebuilding equity are good for families, they are good for neighborhoods, they are good for investors, and they are good for our whole economy.  The Attorneys General have a huge opportunity, and a huge responsibility to make real change happen.
Together with allies at Crime Shouldn’t Pay our goal is to generate more than 10,000 calls today. Will you be one of those calls? Will you forward this message to friends and family to increase our numbers? Or will you post this Facebook link
Sample phone message:
My name is x, I live in (City, Town, etc; State). I am calling to let Attorney General X know that we need him / her to stand up to the big banks, and stand with us. We need him / her to fight for changes that will hold the big banks accountable and provide justice for millions of homeowners. Helping people stay in their homes and start rebuilding equity is good for homeowners, good for neighborhoods, good for investors, and good for our whole economy. Nothing less is acceptable.
Thank you,
X
As always, thanks for all of your hard work!
Americans for Financial Reform
Sent by Americans for Financial Reform
1629 K Street NW, 10th Floor, Washington, DC 20006 - (202) 466-3311

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Serenading the Donkey

Over the years I have had many times when I have had to call out others on their words, behavior, or attitudes on race, class or ethnicity and I have used a variety of means to get my point across.  The first  such incident was when I was 13 years old and my sister and a friend were skipping rope to the rope song that uses the "N_" word.   I said we don't use that word in this place and the girls argued with me about it. I just said that if they used that word I would go tell Grandpa, and they complied.  In a high school the teacher had let the discussion degenerate and the topic of "welfare" came up and a girl stated  an old stereotype that my Daddy says "All the blacks go pick up their welfare checks in Cadillacs."  I wanted that direction of the conversation to end immediately, so I blurted out "Well your Daddy is a racist."  There was silence in the room for a couple of minutes and then the teacher changed the subject.  When people have b
 Striking at Bourgeois Values with "Free Stuff"  Why is it that in middle class neighborhoods no one would think anything of it if you are having a "yard sale"  or a "moving sale", spending your entire day selling your possessions at pennies on the dollar, a tenth of what you could get on E-Bay, making less than the federal minimum wage for your efforts, but they would shrink in horror from a "free stuff pile".  What is the world coming from that  they place so little value on material possessions that they would give it away for nothing.  Someone will surely complain that you are doing "illegal dumping", even if you tend the pile and fold things back up.  Fortunately for me, I live in a neighborhood with a heavy student population, north of Seattle's University of Washington campus, and such a pile is welcome.  Having purged the house of unneeded things that aren't worth my time trying to sell (unlike my art, which I will find